Logimarkt – improve supply chains through better packaging.
How we design customized packaging
We adapt the packaging to the operators, the products and the processes they must go through.
This helps better protect the products and the packaging, increase work speed and operators’ motivation.
- The components (products, car parts etc.) must be easily inserted and removed at the destination without any effort.
- The packaging must be foldable and quickly accessible, effortlessly and intuitively.
- The operator can easily identify the content.
- The packaging will be tilted towards the operator and raised at the optimum height, so the body movements are as natural as possible, reducing fatigue.
Transportation and storage costs usually exceed the returnable packaging costs.
Therefore, we design industrial packaging, so the density of the products placed inside them, as well as the number of packaging per truck, increase.
- We always try to ‘nest’ pieces inside the box or container without affecting ergonomics and work speed.
- Plastic containers are foldable in order to reduce return transportation costs and storage costs.
Industrial packaging must be designed to resist as many work cycles as possible.
- We design robust plastic containers and internal separators, considering long term intensive handling.
- To accomplish this, we run compression, vibration and shock tests for the packaging we develop
- We often monitor the safety of the products and the packaging during transportation.
We analyse the products to understand their vulnerabilities and strenghts.
This way we protect the sensitive areas and make sure there are no components which might damage the dividing systems placed inside the boxes or plastic containers.
- Thorough testing makes sure that there are no collisions between the products during transportation.
- We use scratch-resistant materials for the painted parts, ESD materials for the pieces that contain electronic components, and foam or flexible material separators for the pieces that must be protected from shocks.
We invest in designing sustainable products and take care of the environmental footprint.
- One of our main concerns is the density of products per cubic meter and transportation costs optimization.
- Packaging is designed to be reused for several applications with minimal interventions.
We compare the total logistic cost in case of several packaging alternatives, which include:
- Transportation costs
- Return transportation cost
- Handling time for input & output operation and for stacking
- Amortization of packaging investment
- Storage costs
- Packaging adaptability factor
Custom packaging is truly bespoke only when it takes all possible factors into consideration.
- We adapt the packaging to the specific requirements after a 360° evaluation and a comparative analysis of existing possibilities.
- The ongoing optimization process implies keeping clients up to date with new technologies that can further enhance their processes
Why is Logimarkt different?
We have a holistic approach when choosing what packaging solution to propose to our customers.
Most providers are specialized in one packaging technology: thermoforming, corrugated plastic, metallic racks, textile dunnage, EPP or technical foam dividers, and for any product, they design a packaging solution from the technology they know better and they have available production capacity. As the saying goes “if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail”.
Logimarkt is the only European packaging company that has own internal production for several technologies: injection molding, thermoforming, corrugated plastic & lamination, sewing of textile dunnage, technical foam converting and EPP.
At Logimarkt, we have a different approach.
We are cooperating as well with other qualified partner manufacturers to cope with high peak demands, but due to our direct expertise in manufacturing, we are able to control quality and prices. We have strong ties with producers in USA or in Asia, to acquire innovative components or technologies, in order to better serve our customers and have the latest know how.Read more about us
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive exclusive offers, latest news and updates