Vacuuming is a great way to keep a food product’s freshness and taste without processing it. In today’s world of growing expectations, vacuuming delivers the required quality.
Vacuum packaging is beneficial for the foods that are being transported or stored because the atmosphere inside the packaging can be optimized using natural gasses found in the atmosphere.
For example, CO2 vacuuming keeps eliminates insects or microorganisms.
Because oxidation devalues many fresh foods, nitrogen can be pumped to replace oxygen inside the packaging. This is a safe and natural way to protect goods.
Oxygen vacuuming can be used for the same purpose, to keep meat, vegetables and fruits fresh and safe from growing any aerobic bacteria.
Big Bags for the food industry
The Big Bags used in the food industry are hygienic products that are designated to keep foods safe.
They are manufactured in controlled sanitary conditions and contain no heavy metals.
Big Bags designed for the food industry do not impact organoleptic properties.
ESD Big Bags
ESD Big Bags are used to ensure no electrostatic discharges occur and thus eliminate the risk of ignition or fires.
For optimized use, three types of bags are available:
- Type A – made of materials without any protection against electrostatic discharge
- Type B – made of antistatic materials, used in dust zones
- Type C – made of materials with conductive threads, used in gas or dust zones
UN Big Bags
UN Big Bags are the only safe way to transport dangerous materials that might affect people’s health and the environment. Hazardous goods can only be transported using packaging that meets all UN regulations.
UN Big Bags to meet all requests come with an assigned code, e.g., 13H3/Z/10.16/A/PA-03/LOGIMARKT 418442/1900/1015.
The UN code contains the following:
- The UN symbol before anything else
- The first 4 characters represent the type of construction of the bag (13H1 – uncoated fabric with no liner, 13H2 – coated fabric with no liner, 13H3 – uncoated fabric with liner and 13H4 – coated fabric with liner)
- The following letter will indicate the packaging group (Y is designated for packaging groups II and III, while X is designated only for group III)
- the 4 digits separated by a full stop represent the production year and month
- “A” is a country code
- The following 4 characters, separated by a hyphen are the certifying body
- The code of the producer and the specific FIBC;
- The following 4 digits represent the stacking test weight (in kg);
- The last 4 digits stand for the maximum gross weight of the safe working load (in kg).
UN Big Bags have to pass 6 tests before going into production:
- Top lift test
- Stacking test
- Drop test
- Topple test
- Righting test
- Tear test
Industrial Big Bags
Industrial Big Bags comprises a range of food and farm products and partly of chemical and withdrawal products.
Some of the features of the Industrial Big Bags are quoted as it follows:
- Coated and uncoated fabrics of different weights
- PE or laminate liners
- Dustproof seams in a large spectrum of grades
- Color printing
- Special labels, added at request
More info about Big Bags
The packaging can be filled with food products, seeds and grains, construction materials, animal products, plastics, chemicals, pharmacy products and so on.
It is designed to protect the goods from impact, shaking and scratching, temperature changing that might affect the products. Logimarkt ensures that all of the goods will be transported safely and discharged in the most efficient way.
The clients can design the bags they need, suitable design for their specific applications.
Available shapes of the Big Bag:
- Tubular: perfect for transporting fine and powder goods
- U-panel: represents a safer way to deliver products that are more delicate, two opposite sides of the bag are sewed together to the bottom part in a “U” shape to assure stability during transport
- 4 panel: a square-shaped bag, the bottom part is sewed individually to all of its sides, ideal for transporting any materials
- Baffled: can be either a U-panel or 4 panel circular bag and it is created to save more space and to increase the storage capacity
Design of the top:
- With a charging tube
- Top flap
Design of the base:
- With an emptying tube
- Fabrics without any protecting properties against electrostatic discharge (type A)
- Antistatic fabric (type B)
- Fabric woven with conductive threads (type C)
Choose the options:
- Dustproof seams in a wide range of grades
- Color printing
- Customized labels
- Coated or uncoated fabrics
- PE or laminates liners
If you are looking for an unloading tool that can be used without existing the risk of damaging the bag at all, we have one in stock perfect for your needs! Our new application is designed in order to help you empty your goods in a safe and precise manner. What makes it different from the original system is the possibility for you to reuse your package and, therefore, to avoid additional costs in replacing the bag. It is most used with reusable and returnable bags, as there doesn’t exist the risk of damaging the recipient in any possible way.
In the same manner as with the Logimarkt Discharge Utensil through perforation, you have to open the first knot of the Big Bag that contains your goods and open the tension ring. After that, you will need to position the Discharge Utensil underneath the second knot. The next step is pulling the tension ring down and fixating it on the discharge hose. As a final step, you will only have to open both the second knot of the bag and the slide of the system so that you can let out its contents.
Logimarkt Discharge Utensil through perforation
The plastic accessory should be placed under the center of the Big bag so that it can penetrate its fabric. The bag needs to be placed on top of it and raised back up after the Emptying system attaches to it. Right after that, the system can be slowly pulled down in order to facilitate an easier way to open and close the valve. By opening it, you can empty the bag in a more efficient and time reducing manner.
The emptying system can also be used without damaging the recipient by simply twisting the bag upside down, opening one of the two knots and attaching a tensioning band to the bag. After you have placed the Discharge Utensil under the opening of the bag, pull down the tensioning band and fixate it to the plastic accessory. Open the second knot of the bag and the valve to empty the bag.
Standard dimensions for big bags
Base dimensions in cm Height of big bag in cm Big Bag volume in m³ 88x88 / 96x76 70 0,6 88x88 / 96x76 80 0,7 88x88 / 96x76 90 0,8 88x88 / 96x76 100 0,9 88x88 / 96x76 110 1 88x88 / 96x76 120 1,1 88x88 / 96x76 130 1,2 88x88 / 96x76 140 1,3 88x88 / 96x76 150 1,4 88x88 / 96x76 160 1,5 88x88 / 96x76 170 1,6 88x88 / 96x76 180 1,7 88x88 / 96x76 190 1,8 88x88 / 96x76 200 1,9 88x88 / 96x76 210 2 88x88 / 96x76 220 2,1 88x88 / 96x76 230 2,2 88x88 / 96x76 240 2,3 Base dimensions in cm Height of big bag in cm Big Bag volume in m³ 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 64 0,6 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 73 0,7 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 82 0,8 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 91 0,9 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 100 1 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 109 1,1 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 118 1,2 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 127 1,3 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 136 1,4 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 145 1,5 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 154 1,6 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 163 1,7 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 172 1,8 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 181 1,9 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 190 2 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 199 2,1 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 208 2,2 107x76 / 88x96 / 92x92 217 2,3 Base dimensions in cm Height of big bag in cm Big Bag volume in m³ 76x76 95 0,6 76x76 110 0,7 76x76 125 0,8 76x76 140 0,9 76x76 155 1,0 Base dimensions in cm Height of big bag in cm Big Bag volume in m³ 96x96 / 107x88 58 0,6 96x96 / 107x88 66 0,7 96x96 / 107x88 74 0,8 96x96 / 107x88 82 0,9 96x96 / 107x88 90 1 96x96 / 107x88 98 1,1 96x96 / 107x88 106 1,2 96x96 / 107x88 114 1,3 96x96 / 107x88 122 1,4 96x96 / 107x88 130 1,5 96x96 / 107x88 138 1,6 96x96 / 107x88 146 1,7 96x96 / 107x88 154 1,8 96x96 / 107x88 162 1,9 96x96 / 107x88 170 2 96x96 / 107x88 178 2,1 96x96 / 107x88 186 2,2 96x96 / 107x88 194 2,3