Category C-D dunnage bags
Category C-D dunnage bags are used in general for rail cars transports for loads from 34 to 92 tones, this solution is for heavy duty applications.
This type of dunnage bags are used to secure most products, even paper rolls, bricks and plywood and one bag has an equivalent for an 8 ply paper bag.
They can be inflated using up to 8 PSI working air pressure and 30 PSI burst pressure.
With dunnage bags come many advantages like:
- Safer transport for products, it offers a strong and cushion-like load securement
- Easy and fast to install/uninstall, the valve is for both inflation and deflation
- Minimum storage space, no need for special storage conditions
- Practical and versatile solution, fills different sizes and shapes of the void
- Minimal risk of injury when fixing them, compared to wooden planks that have splinters or heavy and rusty iron bars
- Lower transport costs, due to:
- no added weight on the cargo, in comparison to other heavy securement objects that block or brace the load, dunnage bags are air inflated
- improvement of the load factor, this solution allows double or triple skids decking in the same safety conditions for the products
Category C-D dunnage bags are usually sewed in following sizes, but on request, custom sizes are also available: