|Reference||Title||Filling larger empty spaces||Transportation Method|
|BIG Dunnage Bags||greater than 30 cm||N.A.||View product|
|Double Dunnage Bags||from 40 up to 100 cm||N.A.||View product|
|Category E Dunnage Bags||up to 30 cm||Rail/Ocean – Vertical or Horizontal||View product|
|Category C-D dunnage bags||up to 30 cm||N.A.||View product|
|Category B dunnage bags||up to 30 cm||Truck/Container/Ocean – Vertical or Horizontal||View product|
|Category A dunnage bags||up to 30 cm||Truck/Container – Vertical or Horizontal Voids||View product|
|Standard dunnage bags||up to 30 cm||Truck – Vertical or Horizontal Voids||View product|
It is important to mention that your product and brand image can be damaged as well, if the load arrives to the customers with scattered products (e.g. below image), inclined stacks or in case of liquid products with spills and leaks.
The total losses could be unimaginable high and therefore, it is much easy and simple to just prevent all these with LM protective dunnage bags for cargo, which can be used in multiple types of transit: on trucks, railcars, sea containers, oceangoing vessels, except air cargo, because of high altitude pressure the inflated bags can burst.
LM protective dunnage bags are made from Poly-woven, because it is more flexibile and cost efficient than the ones made from kraft paper. They can be reused, we recommend up to 4 times.
Dunnage bags are finished in our sewing department which uses the latest sewing machines on the market, so that the final product is a strong and reliable one.
We personally make sure of that and take quality very serious, due to following tests that are made before sending the dunnage bags to you:
- The valves are leakage tested before being sealed to the bladders.
- All of our dunnagebags go through a 15 minute flat-wall test to ensure that there is no loss of air-pressure.
- The material is tensile tested before sewing it, to make sure that they are of the highest quality.
- Bags are randomly burst pressure tested during production to ensure all products and levels are as described.
- All bags have a unique barcode for full traceability before and after production.
LM protective dunnage bags have an air tight polyethylene inner layer, a reusable valve that is for both inflation and deflation, and outer layer made from polywoven material.
Further you can check our type of dunnage bags that surely meet you needs, depending on the category for material strength and how the load will be transported. Also, multiple dimensions are available for each product type.
We designed the dunnage bags according to many influential factors, and one of them is the distance between stacks.
If the void you need to fill is up to 30 cm wide, you should use following:
- Standard dunnage bags
- Category A dunnage bags
- Category B dunnage bags
- Category C-D dunnage bags
- Category E dunnage bags
The right fabric strength or sewing method for your application, from Standard to category E product version is recommended by our selling team and it depends on many details like size, weight and type of the load, but also transportation type, size of empty spaces between stacks, load handling, etc.
If the void is wider than 30 cm, you should use following:
- Big dunnage bags
- Double dunnage bags
How to use LM protective dunnage bags for cargo
There are 3 basic steps when installing dunnage bags between loads:
1. The empty dunnage bag must be first placed into the void you need to fill, so that the cargo will be secured.
In this phase, you must check that the empty space left is lower than 30%, because the dunnage bag secures the load only if it fills the void to a minimum 70% of the entire gap.
Before taking the next step, the dunnage bag must be protected with buffer material if the load has sharp edges, because otherwise the bag will get damaged on transport and will not secure the cargo.
2. The dunnage bag must be placed so that it does not touch the ground, so make sure that is has at least 3 cm distance to the floor and also it does not extend above the top or the sides of the load.
3. Start inflating the bag with air, making sure you do not exceed the working air presusure, which is different, depending on the dunnage bag type. Once the specific working air pressure is reached, you must remove the inflatr tool from the valve.
Tips and tricks for using LM protective dunnage bags for cargo:
- In case of intermodal transport, which is two or more different types of transports in one transit, where the container is changed from one type of transport to another one (e.g. truck – rail – sea container) without any handling ofthe cargo, the dunnage bags must be used to fill lateral voids, and not lengthwise. Plus, they are not suitable to use in voids between the container’s doors or walls and the load
- Dunnage bags must not be used for air cargo, because they can burst on high altitude pressure
- Dunnage bags are not suitable for transport of hazardous materials
What to do and what not to do when handling dunnage bags:
- Make sure that your inflator tool has a pressure gauge, is approved and you use it according to instructions
- When inflating a dunnage bag, you must always stand on the side of it, not in the front, use eye protection and take a steady footing
- Never exceed the pressure limit for each dunnage bag type and recheck the pressure after 30 minutes from inflation because polywoven dunnage bags tend to lose pressure when stretching. If it is not the needed pressure, re-inflate.
- The height for a placed dunnage bag between stacks is to a minimum half of the upper layer, so that it maintain its position
- Use corrugated cardboard to hold in position the dunnage bag and not to slip when cargo is on the move. Put the corrugated cardboard on both side of the dunage bag, inflate and both the dunnage bag and corrigated cardboard sheet will be held better in place on transit
- Do not use dunnage bags next to another in the same lengthwise space
- Never perforate dunnage bags with sharp object to deflate it, just need to use the spring dial that can be find on the valve
- Store the dunnage bags in a clean, dry, no dust environment, preferable in the same boxes in which we deliver them to you