These are solutions developed to hold different component parts in a single place for an ergonomic assembly process, which are manufactured by the injection molding process.
The kitting holders can be customized to pack the component pieces of a kit and protect them during storage and transport.
- High accuracy design – tailored cavities, product contour matching, high stability
- Great fit and product positioning, they eliminate the need for additional inlays or dunnage
- Quick identification of the missing part/ parts
- Compatible with automated systems – conveyor lines or robotic arms – for both packing for delivery and production assembly
- They can be very well used as they are, the packaging and the dunnage are injected in one single piece
- Increased productivity – all the necessary parts are in a single place (for ex the components of the engine), the kit holders are adapted to the individual processes of the applications
- Efficient delivery system by eliminating the unnecessary logistic costs
- Increased protection level for the packed goods and their damage prevention
- Excellent organization rate for the packed components, as they can accommodate all kinds of shapes, from sharped edges to wires and sensitive surfaces. The injection molding process allows high flexibility in the design.
- Can be washed and reused a great number of times, reduce the costs with one-way packaging
Industrial component holders are manufactured by the injection molding process, for the delivery of components to the assembly line. Components are packed in customized trays, designed specifically for each type.
- Can be stack nested for return transport, which means less space used and smaller logistic costs
- Compatible with robotic arm systems for both loading and unloading segments, due to their high precision in design
- Ideal for automated assembly lines
- Precise fitting location for the packed components
- Quick identification of the missing components at delivery
- Can be easily cleaned and prepared for the next delivery series
- High protection for sensitive pieces, as they do not touch each other
Component totes that can personalize the interior space of KLT boxes or that can be used as single unit packaging
The major advantage of these crates is that they are designed to fit KLT boxes but also work as individual packaging.
They are used with KLT totes when the application requires them, but the parts which are to be packed do not neatly fit inside the transport crates and are in danger of being damaged if left loose inside (scratches, bumps, etc.), so extra dunnage is necessary to pack the parts or components perfectly and safely.
They are compatible with automated handling and assembly lines, with robotic arms for loading and unloading, can be stacked without damaging the packed products during storage or shipping.
The component totes can be customized to the specifications of the client’s project, providing a high level of compatibility between the product and the pack.
They reduce the costs with one-way packaging and at the same time the volume of waste, due to their reusability.
Accessories like different dunnage for secure the components in racks
Accessories are very important when it comes to packaging, due to their multiple but also important advantages:
- The same container or packaging can be reused for many different applications, by simply placing/ removing the accessories as necessary, this means optimized costs with packaging
- They enhance the safety of the container/ rack used, by neatly fixing the parts/ pieces inside, this guarantying less damaged products at delivery, more satisfied customers, lower costs with waste/ replaced goods, increased productivity both for the client and the supplier
Detailed molds for the most complex components
- Plastic injection offers the technical possibility to manufacture extremely high precision parts with an incredible degree of detail
- The high pressure used for injection of the trays forces the melted material firmly and evenly into the cavities, no matter how small, detailed or demanding geometry the cavity is
Incredible precision and performance
- Injection molding for trays is recommended for especially complex and small components, when the packaging development and production are time consuming or difficult to obtain through thermoforming, milling, cutting or other processes
- The injection tool is used over and over again, for thousands, even millions of cycles, over many years
Effective usage of material
- Plastic injection has a low rate of material scrap, because when we calculate the necessary material for one tray, the parameters like volume of the mold cavity and material flow gives the possibility to have highly precise numbers
- Some polymers give the possibility to recycle the scrap material and in this case there is zero material that is not used
Cost efficiency with plastic injection
- It is a known fact that plastic injection is more expensive than thermoforming, but in some cases, this is not quite right, if you compare the project’s overall costs
- Starting with the design of the trays, with plastic injection, it can be simplified and streamlined, thus reduces the cost of the mold, operator handling time, ergonomics, and productivity
- Injection is an automatic process, where the trays are pushed outside the mold, after injection and cooling time, without human intervention, in comparison with thermoforming trays, where after production, each tray must be individually analyzed for undercutting or coring operations
- For analyzing overall costs of the project, our team of specialists and engineers do the job for you, we can offer you the estimated and detailed project costs for thermoformed or injection moulded trays, through our consulting service
LM injected moulded trays are 100% personalized solution, in which each tray is designed for one project of components.