Water repellent packaging from bitumen paper
This paper type represents an efficient and economical way to protect the products against humidity. It is most often used for the transportation with shipping containers, to avoid the deterioration of the goods because of humidity, especially for the ones in automotive industry, constructions, metallurgy, etc.
The bitumen paper is an efficient barrier against water, and it has a bitumen layer inside and two layers of Kraft paper on the exterior, together with foil reinforcements.
The water repellent bituminous paper is available in rolls with: 1000 mm, 1200 mm, 1400 mm widths, but also in sheets or in customized dimensions.
VCI paper protective packaging
VCI anti-rust packaging guarantees optimal protection against corrosion for metallic components. These products are treated with anti-corrosion molecules to offer protection for ferrous and non-ferrous items. The paper is not bleached with chlorine, being safe for use in different applications. The anti-rust properties are active for one year. The paper has the highest quantity of molecules per cm².
It is recommended for applications where the temperature differences between fabrication and packing, and transportation moment, are high. For example, if the pieces need to exit the factory immediately after production, and outside is very cold, they have no time for cooling down. The water condense will be formed on their surface. By default, the corrosion phenomenon is favored.
Due to the fact that for paper, in 30 minutes after packing, the molecules are already on the product, this one is recommended in case the time between packing and transportation is short and the products need immediate protection.
Because the anti-rust paper allows the humidity transfer, for sea shipping is recommended for this one to be used together with the VCI corrosion inhibiting polyethylene film. The packaging where the products wrapped in paper are placed, have the exterior protected with foil.
The VCI anti-corrosion paper can be used for:
- packing components of small dimensions
- protect the small and medium dimension products, in areas with high humidity risk
- heavy weight products, for protection against shocks, as well as for wrapping cable reels or laminated stripes
- to protect voluminous products or with atypical shapes
To benefit at maximum from the anti-rust characteristics, the following conditions must be meet:
- the distance between the VCI corrosion inhibiting paper and the product which needs protection, must be of maximum 25-30 cm
- contact between metal and cardboard will be avoided (there’s the risk of moisture entering), as well as metal and wood (the wood absorbs humidity and acidity)
- the packaging must be hermetically closed
- there will be no obstacles between the VCI anti corrosion packaging and the metal which needs protection (the mechanical absorbent materials, plates placed between the layers of products)
VCI film protective packaging
The VCI polyethylene anti-rust film protects the metallic components against corrosion, having a higher mechanical power, compared to the anti-rust paper.
During the fabrication process, the polyethylene molecules are mixed with the VCI anti-corrosion ones. The final product becomes impermeable. As against paper, the film doesn’t allow the moisture transfer, functioning like an umbrella. The VCI particles are gradually released, slower than for paper. The molecules reach the product’s surface in approximately 2 hours. It is recommended for applications where the parts can, or even must stay longer inside the factory, after they are produced, or the temperature changes from the storage/ loading for transportation area are not sudden.
The VCI polyethylene anti-corrosive foil is available in stripes with widths between 200 mm and 6000 mm. It is transparent, with a light-blue nuance. Can be used to protect ferrous and non ferrous products and metals, and doesn’t influence the mechanical or electric characteristics of the packed components.
It is very easy and quick to use, being available also as bags with different dimensions. Can be used in combination with the VCI anti corrosion paper for shipping with high humidity/ salinity conditions, like the sea transportation for example.
- protection of tubes, pipes, cylinders, voluminous components
- to pack the components for export, for protection between operations and for long term transports
The activity sectors which can benefit from these products are: automotive, mechanical, metallurgy, heavy industry, electronics, packaging industry etc.
For a complete protection against corrosion, the following conditions must be meet, during packaging stage:
- the packed components must be cleaned by any trace of residues either chemical, metallic or of any other nature (finger marks, detergents, chlorides etc.)
- the metallic components must be completely dried
- the distance between the VCI foil and the product which needs protection, must be maximum 20 cm
- the VCI packaging will be sealed
- there will be no obstacles between the anti-rust packaging and the metallic product, so the VCI particles can reach it and form a protective layer on the surface of the metallic component
- the pieces metallic component must be completely packed
- desiccant can be put between the foil and the metallic piece, in order to absorb the existing humidity at the moment of packaging
The VCI products are approved by the authorities in this domain: REACH, RoHS, TRGS 615. They don’t contain prohibited substances, heavy metals, and they comply also with the regulations from the automotive and even nuclear factories. They are safe for the operators exposed to their handling, and in general for the environment, they are recyclable and even reusable (if they were not in contact with different oils).
By eliminating the phase of covering with oils or different other protection solutions, the costs with raw materials are decreased, as well as the ones with the involved personnel and the time allocated for this procedure.