Pallet boxes and containers, in general, can be moved much easier with the help of wheels.
Their installation can be done as follows:
- With self-tapping screws on the feet of the pallet box, either in the 4 corners or in the 4 midpoints. Easy to mount, but it doesn’t last if the container is handled on uneven surfaces
- With nut bolts, piercing the pallet-box base. The tightness can be obtained by using a rubber gasket.
- A metal device is formed to help the wheel to be fastened with 4 bolts to the palletbox base’s reinforcements, without piercing it. It is the sturdiest option.
The casters/ wheels can have the following options:
- With brakes/ no brakes
- ESD/ non ESD
- With hard tread surface (for soft floors) or with rubber tread surface (for concrete floors)
- With bearings/ wheels with bushing
- Non marking (don’t leave traces on the floor)/ standard
- Swivel/ fix
- The wheel diameter is important for the floor flatness and rolling speed
- The wheel core can be from plastic or metal – depending on the weight which is transported