Pallet boxes and containers in general, can be moved much easier with the help of the wheels.
Their installation can be done as follows:
- With self-tapping screws on the feet of the pallet box, either in the 4 corners or in the 4 midpoints. Easy to mount, but it doesn’t last if the container is handled on uneven surfaces
- With nut bolts, piercing the pallet-box base. The tightness can be obtained by using a rubber gasket.
- A metal device is formed to help the wheel to be fastened with 4 bolts to the palletbox base’s reinforcements, without piercing it. It is the sturdiest option.
The casters/ wheels can have the following options:
- with brakes/ no brakes
- ESD / non ESD
- with hard tread surface (for soft floors) or with rubber tread surface (for concrete floors)
- with bearings / wheels with bushing
- non marking (don’t leave traces on the floor) / standard
- swivel / fix
- the wheel diameter is important for the floor flatness and rolling speed
- the wheel core can be from plastic or metal – depending on the weight which is transported