After understanding our customer’s needs and priorities, we define together the specifications that must be met by the packaging solutions we are going to design and propose.
Internally, we analyze several possibilities, study the challenges from different angles and we select the top 3 solutions, after we took into consideration:
- level of required protection
- transportation distance
- product shape and constrains
- collapsibility and foldability of the empty packaging
- products’ nesting rate
- ergonomics for the operators (after understanding all the handling operations that are to be made, and in what order they are done)
- number of products that can be fitted in a truck
- future-proof solutions: because the service life of the packaging exceeds the service live of a regular project, it is very important that the packaging can be used for multiple projects, as parts of other complex projects, or as many components as possible to be reused also for future projects
2. Cost analysis
We may conduct logistic cost analysis to select the top 2-3 solutions we will present to our customers.
We help you to:
- analyze your current packaging status versus space
- perform a packaging analysis
- perform an economic and financial analysis
- develop an action plan
Logimarkt’s consultants will work together with you to analyze your production, the available storage facilities, possible automatization, handling methods, shipping processes.
Upon receiving the feedback from our customer, if all is fine, we move forward to the Development stage.
After identifying the solutions and their approval by the customer, we elaborate the commercial offer.
This contains all the information related to the products or the solutions agreed by the client, from the technical details, drawings (if applicable), prices, quantities, to the delivery and payment terms.
When we design a packaging solution developed together with our clients, we take the following aspects into consideration:
- the concept defined together with the client
- optimal ratio quality/ price
- we carefully check that the concept is feasible and durable
- we pay attention to details for various scenarios that may occur during its use
- we try to develop solutions that are simple
In this phase of the project calculate the number of products that fit into the container and truck.
- Catia v6
- 2D Autocad (dxf, dwg)
After the drawings and the project’s costs are approved, we make the prototype. The customer must check, test and approve this prototype before starting the serial production.
We recommend that the testing is done by the client, by introducing the packaging into an identical logistic flow, or one as close as possible to the one in which it is going to be used.
Before the product is sent to the client, it also must pass our own tests:
- we simulate on a platform the vibrations encountered during transportation, and we make sure in this way that our product will resist in time to the dynamic load
- using a press, we check if the load in stack required by the client, can be fulfilled
- we check the static load as well
- we run different impact and drop tests
In most cases, when the testing procedures allow, we participate together with the client when they run the tests so we can help them to find the most appropriate corrections for the identified problems.
7. Prototype approval
After the prototype/ sample tests are done, if there are no changes and they’ve successfully passed the tests or checks, the next step is receiving the final approval from the customer.
This must include absolutely all the agreed details, from dimensions, color, design, to resistance or material composition.
8. Placing the order
After the prototype is approved, the client sends us the firm order in written, so we can start the series production.
The order must contain the complete details agreed together. Logimarkt’s written confirmation will follow.
The approximate duration of each operation is:
- 2 to 5 weeks: supply of materials
- 1 to 2 weeks: preparations for production
- 1 to 6 weeks: actual production of the ordered products
- 1 week: delivery
Production operations and equipment:
- Metal welding
- Profile cutting
- Metal bending and drilling
- Plastic injection
- Plastic thermoforming
- EPP production
- Kongsberg CNC machine for prototyping
- Die cutting machine
- Plastic welding
- Hot melt gluing
- Waterjet foam cutting
- Mirror welding
- High frequency welding
- Foam contour cutting
- Label production machine
We pack the goods in a safe way for transportation.
For an easy reception, we label each pallet with all the needed information.
11. Customer care
Logimarkt’s multi-way packaging answers the most difficult or complex problems our customers encounter.
We understand their need for extended and complete services, beyond than just placing an order.
The clients are Logimarkt’s top priority. Our entire company, each department understands this aspect and integrates it as part of the organizational culture.
We strive to bring an excellent experience, responsiveness and customer dedication to every project we carry on.